Re: Alan Wake - 8.6 GT review

On May 6, 11:37 am, Luther Root <luther.r...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 7, 12:59 am, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 5, 11:56 pm, BoodyBandit <allaboutga...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 5, 11:52 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-alan-wake/65249

Lookin' good.

Looking pretty good but not quite the 5 plus YEAR OMG AAA THREAT that
is going to show the WORLD just what the 360 is actually capable of
title!

I liken Alan Wake to Heavy Rain in that it will have a lot of the
diehards praising the creativity, the originality, etc., but Joe Gamer
won't give two shits.

I've read/watched two reviews comparing it to Uncharted 1 -- looks
good in parts but lacks polish.

If someone told me that the game compares to Uncharted, I would get
the impression that it's a brilliant, beautiful gaming experience that
ranks up there as one of the best of the generation.

The only fault I found with Uncharted was the turn of events towards
the end with the somewhat supernatural theme, but that's not really
too big an issue. I didn't have a problem with the length of the
campaign, but Uncharted 2 increased that.

It's creativity is a bit "hit & miss"
-- aspects specifically criticized in the reviews;
- some of the dialogue is stomach-churning;
- the characters don't come across as believable;

I guess this what happens when you sit on script for 5 years while
gaming attitudes change.

Unless I find it real cheap, I'm going to delay my purchase for 3-4
months.

It's definitely not a "must buy at launch" game for me. I have enough
games on my queue to keep me busy. However, if a ton of good reviews
come out and if a bunch of people whose opinions I trust say that it's
an incredible gaming experience, I may get it earlier than later.

Nothing about it screams "must have right now" to me, though. Maybe a
demo would change my mind.

  • Re: Alan Wake - 8.6 GT review
    ... > gaming attitudes change. ... It's definitely not a "must buy at launch" game for me. ... if a ton of good reviews ... an incredible gaming experience, I may get it earlier than later. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Alan Wake - 8.6 GT review
    ... It's definitely not a "must buy at launch" game for me. ... if a ton of good reviews ... an incredible gaming experience, I may get it earlier than later. ... new IP's that are worth playing and not just rentals. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: PC version of Timeshift is an interesting find...........
    ... managed and with the purpose of moving objectives forward. ... And nothing gloomy or boring about the ... Having played through the game, I find it very sad indeed that it ... got poor reviews and was poorly marketed at least here in the US. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: BA Prince of Persia =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A317=2E99?=
    ... But Bioshock has 96 based on 88 reviews. ... It's an ok game. ... There are games we all don't get - my three bug bears are Resident Evil (just hate the play mechanic - it feels too contrived to me), Final Fantasy and MGS, but even I accept that it's simply a matter of taste. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • DRS is a friend to nobody
    ... The review-free afternoon in Dubai was brilliant, as were Younus Khan ... There is still much of this game to play certainly in terms ... ball had lots its spirit and the pitch its capriciousness, ... There was no need for referrals or reviews ...
    (rec.sport.cricket)