Re: What's with IGN's Final Fantasy XIII review score?

"Mark Morrison" <blank@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9krdp5pdqkbk4pifdpt6a234thefiq8ffc@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:48:07 -0800 (PST), The alMIGHTY N
<natlee75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 reviews of Final Fantasy XIII were
essentially the same. However, despite the very explicit and clear
message at the end that the PlayStation 3 version had superior
graphics and the recommendation that dual console gamers should go
with the PlayStation 3 version *and* despite the 0.5 additional points
in the graphics score for the PlayStation 3 version, the final score
is exactly the same for both versions. This makes absolutely no sense.

I'd imagine because each game is rated on it's own merits, compared to
other games on that system.

Marking down the 360 version for lesser graphics makes no sense -
otherwise any game on all 3 platforms, including the PC, the PC would
have to score higher because generally, it'll have better graphics.

That doesn't make sense, if you go by the numbers. Clearly, the PS3 version had a higher score on graphics, stands to reason that it would then, and should, have an overall higher average. Since IGN works in decimals fro scoring, this would make even more sense. The reason for scores is to give a reason for a certain purchase, especially for those who own both systems.

  • Re: What we expect out of the next generation Xbox
    ... PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3 and even then the PlayStation 2 ... pushing it in the sense that a new console generation can't start any ... of games in the previous generation but more and more gamers are ... At the heart of this is graphics. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: What we expect out of the next generation Xbox
    ... PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3 and even then the ... of games in the previous generation but more and more gamers are ... At the heart of this is graphics. ... Console makers had a total ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: What we expect out of the next generation Xbox
    ... PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3 and even then the PlayStation 2 ... pushing it in the sense that a new console generation can't start any ... of games in the previous generation but more and more gamers are ... At the heart of this is graphics. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • [opensuse] Re: pine and mutt (was Re: Re style posting provides useful information; Simple HTML sho
    ... of graphics or nonsense like that is because of poor management/poor tech skills. ... the management & tech skills to run their own server... ... That is a good reason to avoid the point n click style graphic email ... They need bottom posting because ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: the best graphicscard for FreeBSD
    ... > I wonder what kind of applications they would use on FreeBSD for such tasks. ... > choice for a 3D graphics workstation platform? ... distributed computation, very good reason for having rock stable systems ... Another reason is not to use windows and not to ...
    (freebsd-stable)