Re: What's with IGN's Final Fantasy XIII review score?

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 16:48:07 -0800 (PST), The alMIGHTY N
<natlee75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 reviews of Final Fantasy XIII were
essentially the same. However, despite the very explicit and clear
message at the end that the PlayStation 3 version had superior
graphics and the recommendation that dual console gamers should go
with the PlayStation 3 version *and* despite the 0.5 additional points
in the graphics score for the PlayStation 3 version, the final score
is exactly the same for both versions. This makes absolutely no sense.

I'd imagine because each game is rated on it's own merits, compared to
other games on that system.

Marking down the 360 version for lesser graphics makes no sense -
otherwise any game on all 3 platforms, including the PC, the PC would
have to score higher because generally, it'll have better graphics.

  • Re: What we expect out of the next generation Xbox
    ... PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3 and even then the PlayStation 2 ... pushing it in the sense that a new console generation can't start any ... of games in the previous generation but more and more gamers are ... At the heart of this is graphics. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: What we expect out of the next generation Xbox
    ... PlayStation 2 and the PlayStation 3 and even then the ... of games in the previous generation but more and more gamers are ... At the heart of this is graphics. ... Console makers had a total ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Whats with IGNs Final Fantasy XIII review score?
    ... with the PlayStation 3 version *and* despite the 0.5 additional points ... in the graphics score for the PlayStation 3 version, ... I'd imagine because each game is rated on it's own merits, ... chances of both getting an 8.9 under the conditions you describe are ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Oblivion -- its 1998 again
    ... number of ways, not just graphics. ... Don't take that as a recommendation to buy the game, ... Sorry, forgot about the NPC ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: Whats with IGNs Final Fantasy XIII review score?
    ... with the PlayStation 3 version *and* despite the 0.5 additional points ... in the graphics score for the PlayStation 3 version, ... clearly pointed out the PS3 version is superior while giving equal scores.. ... Gamespot game the same score to both version as well! ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)