Re: Xbox 360 accounted for 37% of software revenue in Nov 2009

On Dec 16, 12:16 pm, AGENT47 <ks...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 16, 11:58 am, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dec 15, 10:50 pm, AGENT47 <ks...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dec 15, 3:37 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dec 15, 1:21 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26485

Apparently, thanks only to Modern Warfare 2...

And L4D2...............

Released just two weeks ago, over 2 million retails copies of L4D2
have been sold worldwide and the game appears to be on target to
become one of the top selling Xbox and PC titles for the month of
November. Sales to date are more than double the original title, which
was released exactly one year prior to L4D2. And “Black Friday”
promotions during the title’s second week of availability in North
American resulted in stronger than expected sales in L4D2’s bid to
become one of this year’s best selling releases on both platforms.

“Left 4 Dead 2 is off to a great start with strong support at retail
and great reviews from the press,” said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing
at Valve. “Meanwhile the title has already been played by over 1
million Xbox LIVE Gold account holders, and news regarding L4D2 DLC 1
is coming very soon.”

And Assassin's Creed2..............

TOP-SELLING SOFTWARE SKUs - NOVEMBER 2009
Title / Publisher / Units**
1) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360) / Activision / 4,200,000
2) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) / Activision / 1,870,000
3) New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) / Nintendo / 1,390,000
4) Assassin's Creed II (360) / Ubisoft / 794,700

Speaking of Left4Dead 2, Amazon has it on sale for $40 for the Xbox
360 version and $30 for the PC version today, if anyone's
interested...

I highly recommend the game. I've been having a blast with it even
though I've only been able to do one chapter at a time.- Hide quoted text -

I got L4D2 delivered to my door day one release for $35 !! woo hoo ,
thanks amazon

and I just got AC2 for $29 new with amazons GOLD BOX deal , I had a
$10 credit @amazon

After days of telling me that he was waiting for a good deal on
Left4Dead 2 so we could go through coop together, he today told me
that he didn't want to buy anymore games for the time being because he
already spent too much after I informed him of Amazon's $40 price for
the game.

:-P
.