Re: OT: Microsoft Leaves Family Guy High and Dry aka Microsoft's dick move
- From: The alMIGHTY N <natlee75@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 27, 11:32 am, Eric <ericr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 27, 11:19 am, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Microsoft signed up to be the exclusive integrated sponsor of the
upcoming "Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show"
special in which Windows 7 would be pitched directly in the show
rather than through advertising spots. Once they viewed the show,
however, they decided to pull out, citing that "the content was not a
fit with the Windows 7 brand."
McFarlane should sue the shit out of them, then fill the entire
episode with free Apple and Playstation 3 plugs. Real dick move, MS.
I wonder whether Fox and McFarlane's company have any recourse here
and more importantly whether they would even want to pursue any legal
action. Microsoft is a big, powerful company that still provides Fox
with a lot of advertising revenue. In all likelihood, Fox will just
chalk this one up to bad luck and let bygones be bygones while they
cash all of Microsoft's other checks.
- Prev by Date: Overlord 2
- Next by Date: Re: Win7 reviews
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Microsoft Leaves Family Guy High and Dry aka Microsoft's dick move
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Microsoft Leaves Family Guy High and Dry aka Microsoft's dick move