Re: Online survey hints at 360 version of Home - with Avatars

On Oct 7, 7:48 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Doug Jacobs" <djac...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

The alMIGHTY N <natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If...

"The latter part of the survey, however, is extremely intriguing, and
an indication that Microsoft may be venturing into a PlayStation Home-
like space in which Avatars can congregate and play retro games on
classic coin-op cabinets"

Then why...

"It?s not really like Home, any more than 1 Vs. 100 is like Home."

???

Because it's not your mode of navigation. In Home, you have to walk
everywhere. This is just a self-contained room, but it's not someplace you
navigate.

When you do a group voice chat, you're doing this, just with no visual
context.

I understand that. Why, then, did you call it Home-like in the first
place if it's really not like Home?

And Doug hit the nail right on the head... regardless of how *much* or
*little* like Home it is, the fact that it's clinging to this concept
of avatars hanging around some "virtual space" is just retarded.

1 vs. 100 - I can understand that. The simulation of being at a game
show or being a part of such a game show adds to the experience.

Standing around a virtual arcade just to see a bunch of avatars
crowded around an arcade cabinet? Simply having friends be able to
watch you play, say, Pac-man and being able to comment through voice
chat would be much more like what it was like back in the arcade days.

  • Re: My thoughts on the New Xbox Experience
    ... More options for the avatars, ... an allied uniform for your avatar to wear - clompy combat boots and all. ... feature a little more. ... Ceratainly now couldn't any Blu-Ray sized game be played on the 360? ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: MS screws up: Redesigns Dashboard to make it shit
    ... and 3d representation of items unlocked in games. ... you can party with a group and go from game to ... let's not forget those trophies! ... MS is stuck between the Mii and the Home version of avatars, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: I know you guys would hate me for this....
    ... Dunno if it's a game or what; I am just too lazy to ... avatars of many characters from the strip: ... of the more disturbing screenshots I've seen from the Lost Lake set. ... In summary, if you're too lazy to investigate it, you're probably too lazy ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: My thoughts on the New Xbox Experience
    ... Microsoft charging for extra clothing options for the Avatars (if they ... Avatars right now that there are for the Miis. ... old gamerpics has basically been made obsolete by this update. ... avatar as your character in the game. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)