Re: Problem with XBox and WPA security

In article <Z4-dnagFnJ2HGQ_XnZ2dnUVZ_jli4p2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jon Nadelberg <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trevor Smithson wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:05:40 -0500, "Mike Holder"
<ml_holder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which wireless adapter are you using on the XBox? My understanding is that
the Microsoft adapter is only WEP.

Damn, didn't know that. Makes that accessory even more of a ripoff.

Hook the xbox up to a wireless bridge that does WPA. It works fine. The
xbox thinks it has a wired network connection.

The bridge does all the security, and you can get one for about $100 or so.
Thats what i am using, a Buffalo Wireless G Ethernet Bridge.

Have my Tivo, Xbox 360, and WII hooked to it, the PS3 of course has it own
Wireless G with WPA.

  • RE: Windows Media Center Extender for Xbox
    ... Chuck - Try configuring the bridge for the correct wireless configs, ... > into my network I am able to get to the configuration page for that device. ... > When I take the bridge and plug it into my xbox in my living room, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: wireless ethernet bridge
    ... I need to connect a xbox to a wireless network, ... Hence I need a wireless ethernet bridge, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • ICS and XP and ADSL Router and Wireless and XBox !
    ... Before anyone jumps down my throat - I know a ethernet bridge or xbox ... I have a ADSL router with a wireless network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: wireless adapters not supporting WPA?
    ... Instead of using their game adapter, look into their wireless bridges. ... I use it to connect my Xbox and Xbox 360 and whatever else I need. ... see the WET54G wireless bridge...supports WPA too. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Purchasing Xbox 360
    ... bridge, which should be much cheaper. ... original XBox off of Ebay for around $20-$30 about 3 years ago. ... I will be purchasing 1 of these today.Is there a wireless connection so I ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)