Re: Problem with XBox and WPA security

In article <Z4-dnagFnJ2HGQ_XnZ2dnUVZ_jli4p2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jon Nadelberg <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trevor Smithson wrote:
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:05:40 -0500, "Mike Holder"
<ml_holder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which wireless adapter are you using on the XBox? My understanding is that
the Microsoft adapter is only WEP.

Damn, didn't know that. Makes that accessory even more of a ripoff.

Hook the xbox up to a wireless bridge that does WPA. It works fine. The
xbox thinks it has a wired network connection.

The bridge does all the security, and you can get one for about $100 or so.
Thats what i am using, a Buffalo Wireless G Ethernet Bridge.

Have my Tivo, Xbox 360, and WII hooked to it, the PS3 of course has it own
Wireless G with WPA.