Re: PS3 sales on the rise in Japan thanks to Street Fighter IV
- From: The alMIGHTY N <natlee75@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:12:01 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 21, 7:11 am, "JDrozen" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PlayStation 3 sales have been given a much needed boost in Japan on the back
of Capcom's critically acclaimed Street Fighter IV, with weekly sales of the
platform almost surpassing those of the Wii.
Sony's black box shifted a total of 18,656 for the week ending February 8,
snapping at the heels of the Wii, while the PlayStation Portable turned in
yet another solid performance in second place with 34,256 behind the DSi.
Meanwhile, the PS3 version of Street Fighter IV debuted at number two behind
Mario & Luigi RPG 3, selling 86,000 units and eclipsing its Xbox 360
counterpart, which shifted 38,000 copies.
Since you want to play with numbers, how about these: the PS3 Japanese
install base is more than 3 times the 360 Japanese install base yet
the PS3 version of SFIV can only outsell its 360 counterpart by only
just over 2 times.
Yeah, they're both ultimately meaningless observations.
It's funny that you're acting as if Street Fighter IV has this hugely
magical impact while at the same time noting how even with such a big
title the PS3 still loses out to the "kiddie" Wii and the game loses
out to a "kiddie" DS game.
Then again, that probably helps you hide your head in the sand from
the imminently more skewed sales numbers in favor of the Xbox 360
version of Street Fighter IV for the other territories, both of which
are exponentially more important to the video game industry than Japan.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: PSN may start featuring $40 game downloads
- Next by Date: Re: PS3 global sales top 21 million, confirms Sony, XflopThreeShitty already getting ready for the distant third HAHAHAHA!
- Previous by thread: Re: PS3 sales on the rise in Japan thanks to Street Fighter IV
- Next by thread: Re: PS3 sales on the rise in Japan thanks to Street Fighter IV