Re: WOTP: The NY Post cartoon
- From: The alMIGHTY N <natlee75@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:23:42 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 21, 7:36 am, JordanLund <lu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 20, 1:25 pm, "Jonah Falcon" <jonahny...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Two police officers shooting a monkey who's supposed to be Obama during
Black History Month.
Nah, nothing racist or offensive about that.
OK, it's common for editorial cartoonists to conflate two current
events for the purpose of humor...
But what I don't get is... how is writing a stimulus package even
remotely similar to a rampaging chimp that has to be put down?
You're misinterpreting the message...
There's no correlation there at all... Now if they said "I GUESS
THEY'LL HAVE TO FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO BLOCK THE STIMULUS..."
comparing the rampaging chimp to the rampaging Republicans who
attempted to block the legislation and failed... you could go that
The only way to take that cartoon as written is racially.
- Prev by Date: Re: WOTP: The NY Post cartoon
- Next by Date: Re: WOTP: The NY Post cartoon
- Previous by thread: Re: WOTP: The NY Post cartoon
- Next by thread: Re: WOTP: The NY Post cartoon