Re: I had a lovely conversation with a Microsoft customer service rep about my most recent RROD

On Jan 14, 1:44 am, Andrew <spamt...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:36:56 -0800 (PST), The alMIGHTY N

<natle...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone tried calling the customer service line instead of or in
addition to opening a repair ticket on the website? You should try it
sometime as it's oh so much fun.

Yeah, fun like having your teeth pulled. A couple of years back my 360
stopped being able to output anything to the TV, although the Xbox was
still working. I had a 15 minute circular conversation of an Indian
woman telling me various ways of testing it, followed by asking, "what
is on the screen", with me saying with increasing frustration
"nothing, it is broken, please send me a replacement".

I avoided the whole troubleshooting conversation by telling her
outright that this was the exact same problem with the exact same
symptoms as last time, which was only a month ago.

I wish it had been an RROD as then it would have been a fault their
script could handle.
--
Andrew, contact viahttp://interpleb.googlepages.com

  • Re: Today I... (brag thread)
    ... thanks...Yeah I can go pretty quick...I dont really know the exact ... speed....But yeah really fun! ...
    (rec.sport.unicycling)
  • Re: Bike shows, IRLs and axe murders
    ... Oh yeah sure, it's disclaimer time. ... It *was* a fun day, even including meeting up with Greg, his missus (I ... Jood had more fun earlier at the J. Ring Glass Studio in St Paul where ... Then we got home to a broken water heater and an eBay auction I was ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Bike shows, IRLs and axe murders
    ... Oh yeah sure, it's disclaimer time. ... It *was* a fun day, even including meeting up with Greg, his missus (I ... Jood did swing a leg over some geezer glides and declare ... Jood had more fun earlier at the J. Ring Glass Studio in St Paul where ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Series That Got Better AFTER A Revamp...
    ... It was so strange it was fun. ... parent show too since he'd quit being a cop to be a private eye. ... The daggett was okay though. ... LOL, well, yeah. ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Now that was a cool month!
    ... screwed up on my A1200 was the power supply. ... Yeah, commodore were always a bunch of tightwads. ... I always wanted a good tank game, ... could have been so much fun, ...
    (comp.sys.amiga.games)