Re: OT: Iron Man Blu-Ray best selling ever... still only 6.5% of market...
- From: Dingo Warrior <Luther.Root@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:48:33 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 12, 1:09 pm, Jonah Falcon <jonahny...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:44 pm, Jordan <lu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After two years Blu-Ray has it's first title to crack the 500,000 unit
Whoops. Too bad the DVD sold 7.2 million over the same period. DOH!
OK, so do the math... 7.2 million DVDs + 500,000 Blu-Ray = 7.7 million
Iron Man discs sold.
500,000 / 7.7 million = 6.5%.
7.2 million / 7.7 million = 93.5%
Or, for the trolls who need pretty pictures:
If the sales charts are correct and the PS3 is nearing 6 million units
sold in North America that means that Iron Man reached just 8.33% of
it's potential audience (given that stand alone Blu-Ray unit sales are
So the 2nd most eagerly anticipated home video release of 2008 does
very well... but still tanks. Dark Knight will undoubtedly do better
but then so will the DVD.
So what do you think is going to happen when the studios start looking
at these numbers? "Hey, if we have the #1 or #2 movie in the country
we can get 6% market share! All right!"
I'm waiting for an alternative to optical storage media.
At the same resolution as blu-ray? Don't hold your breath...
- Prev by Date: Re: HDD vs. DVD - GTA4's load times when installed to HDD
- Next by Date: Talisman cancelled
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Iron Man Blu-Ray best selling ever... still only 6.5% of market...
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Iron Man Blu-Ray best selling ever... still only 6.5% of market...