Re: Sony: PS3 sales 30% higher than predicted for '08

On Oct 2, 9:40 am, "Abercromby" <NOS...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.psu.com/Sony--PS3-sales-30--higher-than-predicted-for-08-N...

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) CEO Jack Tretton has told Reuters
that PlayStation 3 sales this fiscal year are 30% higher than predicted. As
a result, Tretton expects the console to break its ten million sales target
by March 2009.

This headstart gives SCEA something of a safety net in the face of dismal
market conditions. "Sales could slow down and we will still hit our number,"
boasted Tretton.

The videogame industry as a whole has proven remarkably resistant to
economic slowdown: UK and Ireland retailer Game Group, for instance,
recently reported a 33.4% jump in profits for the six months ending July 31
2008. One contributing factor may be the greater value-for-money proposition
offered by videogames as against the likes of film and cinema.

Poor Sony stock.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=sne

  • Re: Sony: PS3 sales 30% higher than predicted for 08
    ... Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) CEO Jack Tretton has told Reuters ... that PlayStation 3 sales this fiscal year are 30% higher than predicted. ... The videogame industry as a whole has proven remarkably resistant to ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Sony: PS3 sales 30% higher than predicted for 08
    ... > Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton has told ... > that PlayStation 3 sales this fiscal year are 30% higher than predicted. ... > This headstart gives SCEA something of a safety net in the face of> dismal ... Poor Sony stock. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Sony: PS3 sales 30% higher than predicted for 08
    ... that PlayStation 3 sales this fiscal year are 30% higher than predicted.. ... Tretton expects the console to break its ten million sales ... Like I said, poor Sony stock. ... I thought the PS3 finishing second was a foregone conclusion when this ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Sony: PS3 sales 30% higher than predicted for 08
    ... that PlayStation 3 sales this fiscal year are 30% higher than predicted. ... Tretton expects the console to break its ten million sales ... Poor everything every where stock. ... to try to make an argument about the success of one console versus the ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Killzone 2 is fastest selling first-party title
    ... Amassing over 500,000 sales thus far, it has reached said milestone quicker than any other SCE title before it. ... While some may argue that with the install base the PlayStation 3 offers it should be much higher, Sony can only be pleased that Killzone 2 has met the expectations set forth years ago at E3. ... Scott Steinberg, VP of Product Marketing at SCEA, has gone on record that SCEA is extremely happy with the results that Killzone 2 has displayed thus far. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)