Re: Why Too Human will fail:
- From: Rich Hutnik <richardhutnik@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:07:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Aug 21, 12:26 am, ks...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I played the demo and didn't like the gameplay ,it's just too old-
school hack-n-slash for my tastes.
If it were really "old school" they wouldn't of gone with Robotron
style controls for Melee attack. As far as I am concerned, that
wrecks any sort of "investing" I would want to do. You play because
you want to. "Investing" is short-hand for putting up with annoying
things in hope of a payoff later on. A game is meant to competently
grab you and drag you through. A good design does this. Demanding
players put up with stuff is questionable design.
Want to invest? Turn on CNBC, watch some Jim Cramer or go on YouTube
and watch that Mo' Money guy. Want to have fun? Turn on your
videogame system and play somethat that commands your attention.
- Prev by Date: Re: The Force Unleashed demo: August 21
- Next by Date: RROD Help
- Previous by thread: Re: Why Too Human will fail:
- Next by thread: Re: Why Too Human will fail: