Re: Blu-Ray is finally coming to the 360? new rumor

<ksdj1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3d867fdf-cdb4-42de-b2d3-94818cc1e9e9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well I've heard many rumors and blog's about the Blu-Ray drive coming
to the 360, some are pure speculation and some are actually
noteworthy.

The new rumor sounds a little more promising.

According to a chinese newspaper EDN ,Pegatron Technology-a subsidiary
of computer-component manufacturer Asus- has won the contract to build
the Blu-box 360 , featuring a built-in Blu-Ray player, with product
scheduled to hit shelves in the third quarter of this year.

Aside from the follow ups you added to your thread here, I really don't see the need for BR in this gen of the 360. I honestly feel that it could backfire on MS going that route from a PR perspective, looking desparate, especailly since it seems like it is trying to get into the movie playing business. As it stands right now, BR has absolutely no benefit to making gaming in HD better looking, it only adds larger media capacity in that aspect.

Not only that, I see games having to be written to the HDD using the current read speeds of console based PS3 , which is 2X right now, as the DVD player can still process data much faster than the PS3 BR can. Wow, let's see that 20gig HDD be a good thing for the need to cahce game data or the need for pre-install to play the games. If, and this would be a huge "IF", the 360 is built with a BR player that runs at 6X or even faster, than say goodbye to DVD amd the benefit would be temendous, but I honestly do not see that happening.

  • Re: Kobe does it all, deserves MVP
    ... Kobe does it all, deserves MVP ... Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player in the world today. ... He made it fun to watch Lakers games. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Hall Votes
    ... Hall of Fame who dropped off the ballot like all the ... 103 OPS+ in 1698 games. ... Travis Jackson was primarily a SS (1307 games to 326 at 3B). ... was probably a better player than Jackson. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Kobe does it all, deserves MVP
    ... Kobe does it all, deserves MVP ... Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player in the world today. ... He made it fun to watch Lakers games. ...
    (alt.sports.basketball.nba.la-lakers)
  • Re: Extra VP for Last Man Standing
    ... for a given player it incetivizes the union of ending ... games AND being the surviving player. ... It is supposed to reward completing games. ... solvable by modifying the scoring system for the most part. ...
    (rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad)
  • Re: Apex dvd player
    ... still use a Sony DVP-S360 DVD player, which is a 1999-2000 year player and was ... with remote. ... speakers, with one minor detail: they were speakers that RS managed to get ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)