Re: To all the XBOX haters

<mordacpreventor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:35de9a2f-6f43-42c5-8e6b-5fe2539efe62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Feb 27, 7:27 am, glenz...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (GMAN) wrote:
In article <25695-47C4E0EE-...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dream_Shad...@xxxxxxxxx (Dream Shadow) wrote:

>Hello all,
> Well I wish I could say that I was impressed by the posts posted by
>alvinstraigh...@xxxxxxxxxxx, swam_mol...@xxxxxxxxxxx and
>blig_m...@xxxxxxxxxxx just to name 3, for being straight forward, to the
>point and full of CORRECT information, but I can't say I was impressed
>at all.
> The simple reason is because almost every post was full of nothing
>but misread, misunderstood or misleading information taken out of
>context from who knows where...

> So in the interest of getting some actual real and non-bias
>information out to you all. I did a little google homework and within,
>oh I don't know maybe 15 minutes I found multiple sites, and here are
>just 3 with the following information...

>...NOTE...
>As you will notice if you care to visit the sites the first two pages
>are taken straight from figures from a japanese company called Famitsu,
>who makes the Japan Game Charts...and the third page is from PC world...

>http://www.vgchartz.com/

>this page shows the following information as of this month february
>2008...

>total sales...world wide for this year so far...

>wii....44.3 %
>5.3 in japan////9.5 in america////6.9 in other
>total 21.9 million

>XBOX 360...34.8 %
>58 in japan////11.1 in america////5.6 in other
>total 17.2 million

>PS3...20.9 %
>1.9 in japan////4.0 in america////4.3 in other
>total 10.3 million

>http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

>this site as of 2-22-08 shows the total sales on a weekly breakdown if
>you care to actually see the numbers...

>as of the week of february 22, 2008

>wii 214,128
>PS3 163,681
>360 131,609

>but even with the PS3 out selling the 360 by a whole whopping ( sarcasm
>) 32,000 units, the 360 is still so far ahead of the PS3 by almost 7
>million units...so, you do the math and see how long it will take for
>the PS3 to catch up...

Take that 17 Million and remove 17% (RROD) and that will give you the true
amount of working xboxes in homes. Sony then is much closer to take over the
360 then.

Those have all been replaced so the 17 million (give or take a few)
are working in homes.

Most but not all. I have heard of, and know one personally, that just threw theirs out when MS was initially charging to have them fixed. 1 person I know purchased 2 and when one of them went bad he just threw it out as well. Pathetically stupid move on his part. I would have purchased it from him and had it fixed. Not everyone knows they can get it fixed and that a 3 year warranty exist.

Also don't forget that there are quite a few more other things failing on the 360 besides RROD. MS doesn't fix those failures and most people get so pissed they just call it a wash and throw it out or purchase something else.

If not for these hardware issues I honestly think MS would be nearing the 25 million mark. They did (actually they still are) a piss poor job of handling these defects.

.

Quantcast