Re: COD4 is the most played game on XBL

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:04:48 -0800 (PST), The King of Gaming
<king.of.gaming@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 22, 3:25 pm, zood <mark.l...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 22, 4:18 pm, The King of Gaming <king.of.gam...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Jan 22, 3:09 pm, zood <mark.l...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> On Jan 22, 4:02 pm, "boodybandit" <allaboutga...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/21/live-activity-for-week-...

Halo 3 sold more
COD4 is played more

It should be pointed out ...

That was just last week... the week before, Halo3 was played more.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/15/live-activity-for-week-...

Titles usually go down on that list, not up.  It' s interesting,
because Gears of War held the top spot on Live for nearly a year until
Halo 3 came out and knocked it off.  Most assumed that Halo 3 would go
at least that long.  This is pretty shocking.

I'm not all that shocked, considering COD4 (360) was the top selling
December game across all platforms.  It's a popular game..- Hide quoted text -

Halo 3 sold more in its first day than COD4 has TO DATE, which is
saying a lot. Gears of War lasted a lot longer with far less hoopla.
For Halo 3 to be dethroned this early is a tremendous upset. The only
reason you're not shocked is likely because you've been living under a
rock. This is a tremendous accomplishment for Infinity Ward.

I don't think so. There was a lot of pent-up interest in COD4 due to
COD3 being total shit.
.