Re: COD4 is the most played game on XBL

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:04:48 -0800 (PST), The King of Gaming
<king.of.gaming@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 22, 3:25 pm, zood <mark.l...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 22, 4:18 pm, The King of Gaming <king.of.gam...@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Jan 22, 3:09 pm, zood <mark.l...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> On Jan 22, 4:02 pm, "boodybandit" <allaboutga...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/21/live-activity-for-week-...

Halo 3 sold more
COD4 is played more

It should be pointed out ...

That was just last week... the week before, Halo3 was played more.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2008/01/15/live-activity-for-week-...

Titles usually go down on that list, not up.  It' s interesting,
because Gears of War held the top spot on Live for nearly a year until
Halo 3 came out and knocked it off.  Most assumed that Halo 3 would go
at least that long.  This is pretty shocking.

I'm not all that shocked, considering COD4 (360) was the top selling
December game across all platforms.  It's a popular game..- Hide quoted text -

Halo 3 sold more in its first day than COD4 has TO DATE, which is
saying a lot. Gears of War lasted a lot longer with far less hoopla.
For Halo 3 to be dethroned this early is a tremendous upset. The only
reason you're not shocked is likely because you've been living under a
rock. This is a tremendous accomplishment for Infinity Ward.

I don't think so. There was a lot of pent-up interest in COD4 due to
COD3 being total shit.

  • Re: Sonys unwillingness to keep exclusives article
    ... much more from their two biggest exclusives - Halo 3 and Gears of War ... The statement was that Gears of War 2 will not push many Xbox 360 ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • GOW better than Halo or Halo 2?
    ... Halo 9.5 ... the OXM rated Gears of War 10... ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Alan Wake is Gold
    ... a great game though so okay, Forza 3 and ME2.- Hide quoted text - ... Ratchet & Clank game, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Heavy and God of War ... Well, the thing is that for me, I don't mind Halo being linear. ... I never felt the deviations from the Gears core of cover 'n shoot felt ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: GOW better than Halo or Halo 2?
    ... with Gears of War. ... Halo 9.5 ... the OXM rated Gears of War 10... ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: If im gonna get one 360 game....
    ... The most played online 360 title of 2007 was Halo ... Gears of War ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)