Re: Inside Source Reveal the Truth About Xbox 360 "Red Ring of Death" Failures

No, it isn't a lcal thing, it is the servers on their site. He can
play COD4 with no issues. UT3 isn't that bad, but it does lag a bit.
Which makes me wonder of there were a good deal more players onlione,
what that would incur. I didn't see him play it online, he just
mentioned it. I saw him playing it in campaign mode, and it looks
nice; very Gears looking.

Yea just about all of UT3's graphics look like it was taken from a page in
the gears art book. :)

Yes, but with console gaming now being a huge part of online gaming
(which is why I don't do PC gaming much anymore), it is why I play it
the most. Before the first Xbox, I was playing my PC and Nintendo
games on about a 90%-10% ratio respectively. XBL has saved me
thousands in newer PC hardware.

Yea the price tag on PC gaming is the reason I dropped PC gaming for the
most part. Shelling out tons of money every few months to be able to
compete on a decent level with people is annoying. Console gaming levels
the playing field, and I find skill the determining factor for good gamers
than better hardware.

I want those games for the PS3, but no
exclusives have multiplayer (except for Warhawk, and it doesn't have a
main player/campaign/story mode). The only games I know on the PS3
exclusively that will have MP is Haze and Killzone2. That's not enough
to justify for me to fork out over $600 for the console, games, and HD
connectors (and even possibly more a rumble controller) at this point.
Online gaming is what I like most, and XBL still rules with the games
in that aspect over the PS3 since almost all of them are Live capable.

No argument there. PSN still has a way to go to compete with XBL. Although
I have canceled my gold account because I recently move into a new home
without an ethernet connection in the living room. I ended up moving my
XBox to my PC monitor upstairs. I may start to get more XBox games now that
I have to compete with my wife for the main telly!!! haha.

Have you seen resistance? They have a sequal coming out as well.

When Sony Home is released and if it does anything like XBL (and Sony
will have to rpovide the servers too), I may get into it.

Lots of hope and anticipation riding on Home. I am hopeful though.

  • Re: Is it for real or is it a scam?
    ... I have tried many online sites Paradise, Poker stars, Poker Host, ... Let me first start off by saying that the live tournaments I play in I do very ... occasionally play in cash games although I do prefer the tournament play. ... Is it that the players are just so bad that you continously take the worst of it ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: My MGC Thoughts
    ... think that is just how they do it, but I thought the tournament layout ... of the tournament play there and it kept others that I talked to out ... people who can simply afford to pay for more qualifying games. ... So players that are able to enter multiple tournaments a year will be ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: 10 devices that defined the decade
    ... defined the decade for gaming, ... bringing people together in the same location to play. ... The PlayStation 2 has sold more than the Wii, ... He played a few games on it, ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: OT: Who is the stupidest RGP poster? Day 4
    ... Pokertracker makes it quite clear to me who the strong winning players ...  None of them play a strategy even remotely resembling Travel's ... I drop out of games whenever VP ...  Raises on the flop are always 2 ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:=20USA=20Ultimate:=20News=20Rules=20and=20TV=20Expos?= =?utf-8?Q?ure?=
    ... something like the English Premier League than the NBA/NFL ... win a bunch of games, move up, and play against Man U within ... but this is only possible if the casual players are inspired ...
    (rec.sport.disc)