Re: Japanese PSP sales double, the Sony brand dominates the console market!
- From: Jason Clinton <test@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:41:07 +1300
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:49:56 +0100, "JDrozen" <NOMAIL@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
PlayStation Portable sales in Japan have doubled during the week ended
December 16, with Sony's handheld selling a total of 184,610 units and
overtaking the Nintendo Wii.
Interestingly, the spike in sales cannot be attributed to the release of any
new software or hardware bundles, with just three titles for the console
managing to crack the top fifty best sellers in the region.
Elsewhere, PlayStation 3 continues to outsell its predecessor, PlayStation
2, both selling 63,720 and 18,025 units each, respectively. Nintendo's DS
remains on top of the charts in Japan with 222,144 units sold, with
Microsoft bringing up the rear selling 8,561 Xbox 360's.
The subject doesn't ring quite true to me.
It depends on how you define "dominate"
Definition 1: Top of the charts - in which case Nintendo wins with the
DS at 222,144 units sold
Definition 2: Total consoles (of all types) sold by brand.
- PSP 184,610
- PS3 63,720
- PS2 18,025
- DS 222,144
- Wii Unknown - no figures provided in the article
Amount of Wii's needed to be sold to claim top place: 44211
Somehow I don't think the Wii would have a problem selling them many
and my money would be that Nintendo dominates the console market.
- Prev by Date: XBOX Live down?
- Next by Date: Re: XBOX Live down?
- Previous by thread: Re: Japanese PSP sales double, the Sony brand dominates the console market!
- Next by thread: Re: Japanese PSP sales double, the Sony brand dominates the console market!