Re: XBox 360 price drop coming August 12th? Ad scans show $50 price drop....
- From: elrous0@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:35:07 -0700
On Jul 29, 2:38 pm, RMZ <Jeremy.De...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Scans of future ads for Walmart and Toys R Us have now emerged, point
to $50 price drop on Premium model. Will they also bring the $299
model down $50 to match the Wii's $249 price... One would think if the
price was across the board it would be the $249 price point making the
Right now, I picture a Sony exec sweating bullets. They've gotten a
big temporary boost out of a lot of good E3 hype and the price drop.
But, if all pans out as expected, they're going to be going into this
holiday season with:
1) A $700 system vs. the 360's $430 system (the $500 60GB systems will
be long gone by then)
2) No real exclusives of note (since MSG4 has been pushed off to next
Meanwhile the 360 will be priced way cheaper and will have a ton of
exclusives (including greats like Gears of War, Dead Rising, Mass
Effect, and Halo 3), by contrast. It is possible that their notorious
hardware design problems may sully the system's reputation, though.
Sony does have the blu-ray advantage, but I'm not sure if that's going
to help them that much when sub-$500 blu-ray players are already
starting to emerge.
- Prev by Date: Re: wii or ps3
- Next by Date: Xbox 360 vs. PS3: PS3 Offers the Better Movie Deal
- Previous by thread: Re: XBox 360 price drop coming August 12th? Ad scans show $50 price drop....
- Next by thread: Re: XBox 360 price drop coming August 12th? Ad scans show $50 price drop....