Re: Does anyone else completely hate April Fools Day?

On Apr 1, 5:47 am, Unmutual <andrewstirl...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Really can't see the point of it. Internet becomes full of clearly bogus
stories for a day. It's not funny. It's not interesting. It's just
really really tiring.

Tell me about it. I *DESPISE* April Fools Day. It makes the internet
worthless for several days (since this shit starts days before and
goes for days afterwards). Slashdot, usenet groups, just about every
other tech news website become unreadable. And people are constantly
stumbling on the old joke stories and repeating them as fact.

Can't we just get rid of April Fools Day, replace it with a "National
Dumbass Day" on George Bush's birthday, and be done with it?

-Eric

  • Re: OT: Policeman risks life to save man in burning car
    ... The cool thing is that stories like that outnumber the ones you fools ... obsess over by at least 1000:1. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Bathynomus Giganteus
    ... People who have serious stories, that might be surprising, should wait ... a day around April fools, if they want to be taken seriously. ... obviously extending in both directions. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: OT: Policeman risks life to save man in burning car
    ... The cool thing is that stories like that outnumber the ones you fools ... obsess over by at least 1000:1. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: My weekends are filled with sex and drinking
    ... 'Cause not even robby wants to hear your stories of masturbation and ... "And how can we win when fools can be kings?" ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Bathynomus Giganteus
    ... People who have serious stories, that might be surprising, should wait ... a day around April fools, if they want to be taken seriously. ... Besides, the story actually started hitting the net on March 31st, ...
    (talk.origins)