Re: Can anyone tell a difference between 720p and 1080i in game or HD movies on the 360?
- From: Unmutual <andrewstirling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:11:25 +0000
I don't think I can. I've got the HD-DVD drive and I'm not sure I can see a difference.
With HD-DVD's.....It depends on the resolution of your screen really and whether your screen is a better scaler than your 360. If your screen resolution is closer to 720 and you feed it a 1080i signal it will be scaled down to the resolution of your TV by your TV. If you're watching a film with your 360 set at 720 then your 360 will scale the picture down instead of your tele. Your tele will output it at the same resolution regardless. If your tele is a better scaler than your 360 then you might get a slightly better picture by setting your 360 to 1080i but the difference will really be negligible.
All games so far have a native 720p resolution so there's really nothing at all to be gained by outputting them at 1080i. In fact, you might get a much poorer image by doing so as your 360 will be scaling the image up and your tele will be scaling it back down again.
- Prev by Date: Re: Blig Merk: NY Times is a bunch of Xflop Threeshitty fanbitches
- Next by Date: Re: The difference between 360 and PS3 graphics
- Previous by thread: Re: Can anyone tell a difference between 720p and 1080i in game or HD movies on the 360?
- Next by thread: Gears of War debut, 80% increase in Live traffic since