Re: XBOX 360 and home movies (DVD)

Big McLargehuge wrote:
Does the XBOX 360 play DVDs of home movies or just commercial DVDs? I
was thinking of getting one for the games, obviously, but if it means
I don't also have to buy a standalone DVD player to watch the DVDs I
author on my PC then it's a serious plus.

I just checked, and I was able to play my home movie DVD on my 360. I
authored it using Nero to include menus and chapters and stuff, but it
should play any DVD you put in there as long as you have all the .vob
and .iso files in their proper place.

  • Technics direct drive turntables
    ... 96k/24bit version to play on any computer-based system you own, ... could have been sold LPCM files on a DVD. ... make and distribute recordings. ... so artists must go from label to label ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: DVD-making "capture" questions...
    ... To make DVD's that will play in "set top" players, ... To "capture" from camera's, utilize firewire, the file will automatically be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: iTunes Match
    ... this Blu-ray lark? ... as you can buy DVD upscalling players ... if you burn it to CD or copy it up to 5 times Apple have NO ... If Apple disapeered they'd be no change as to whether yuo could play ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • RE: Major Video Problem - Help!
    ... address why other video files do not play. ... Those files do not run through the DVD decoder. ... > industry/lawyers) You cannot natively use a digital connection from the MCE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: DVD Burning in Media Center 2005 - Consumer discs
    ... normal dvd player. ... The dvr-ms files are recorded ... that will play on most DVD players but you will need to add some 3rd ... my consumer DVD players. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)