Re: Dan Clarke's E3 assessment:

On Fri, 12 May 2006 18:23:01 -0000, Doug Jacobs
<djacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It would be nice if you could influence the thinking of your race of
critters which would make the game into a sort of organic version of
'robot alley' ;)

On an OT note, does anyone remember the name of a game I used to play
on my Atari ST? It had wireframe graphics showing an evolutionary
world where you started with a basic creature and had to go around
eating things to grow and it allowed you change it physical parameters
like Spore is getting hyped over a couple of decades later.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com

  • Re: Crawl vs Angband (was: Nethack vs Angband)
    ... Never seen any of those objects, or anything else of the general sort. ... game after the inevitable, followed by the eminently evitable "Oops! ... then six of the same bus, five of them empty, all drive by at once, and ... So will Angband and Oangband. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: Tuesday A-Z: O
    ... You said Outrun 2, but Outrun and Outrun 2006 are also worthy mentions. ... don't think I've ever had as much fun with an arcade-style driving game as I ... Sort of. ... planets smaller than you in order to grow in size to get bigger and bigger ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: And the WoW clone rain begins!
    ... help make raids a bit more accessible to more players. ... like that sort of thing. ... If your first character was ... yeah to me it's pretty much game over at max ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: draw down on
    ... danger, disappointment, and the unexpected, there is a tendency to ... partially from a sort of mental self-preservation. ... And, yes, I can see the "part of a game" attitude entering into it as ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Why dont we have a stong AI by now? (To Curt Welch and other)
    ... There is what is often described as a "eureka" effect, where some sort ... of cascade of understanding happens. ... limited domain task that only a human could perform, ... game like tic tac toe isn't even significant. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)