Re: For those disappointed by 360 kiosks

listermonocle@xxxxxxxxxxx <listermonocle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As for AI and the arrows, the game was on the easy setting. Supposedly
> the AI is never all that great (as in 90% of all games), but the arrows
> at lest are available only on Easy.

One of the reasons that Half Life was popular was that the AI was halfway
decent. The soilders would scatter, find cover, and throw grenades at you
with some proficency. I remember sniping one solider, and his buddy ran
off to get reinforcements from the next room...

  • Re: Competition 34 Ready
    ... of the arrows, less than 1 in 2 actually hit even with prayer and heroism going. ... However OoD soaks up way too much turn time for a count based game without a staff of the magi. ... If I had a huge con ring I would have likely swapped it. ... I would have sold this without thinking, knowing that if I wanted Dwarven armor was sure to come along. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: What have you been playing... IN MARCH 2013?
    ... That's one game mechanic I do not like - a courier cornering me in town, ... 80+ stealth and these things see me every time from 300 feet away. ... I have ebony arrows, but I still have to work ... Thus I have come across quest items in caves and ruins and I can't ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • YAAP -- Link the Caveman Priest Ranger
    ... he started the game. ... The Priest class is like an awful version of the Healer class. ... that I didn't bother with casting spells for the first half of the ... Ranger does a lot of damage with their starting arrows. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Ohio man finds 15,000-year-old flint spear tip
    ... we now can identify a spear point to 3,000 years earlier. ... Mastodon or equivalently large game animals. ... As for arrows being used on large animals, their use on buffalo was for wildwest shows and dime novels. ...
    (sci.archaeology)
  • Re: YAAP: Fast ranger, vampire question, speed question
    ... Nethack - you have to pick up your arrows all the time, ... This is why folks value daggers so much in the early game, ... Also notice that the damage from firing mulitple arrows at range ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)