Re: Holy shit. The Revolution's controller is going to kick ass!

massivegrooves <massivegrooves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yep...don't see how in the hell you are going to make a game like Madden or
> Tony Hawk, or well numerous other games work on it. Not only due to the
> limited amount of buttons, but are developers really going to go out of
> thier way to make a special version/configuration for this "special"
> Revolution controller? VERY doubtful.

Well, they could go the Sega Dreamcast route - speciality $60 controllers
for each game? ;) Or, maybe you could tape the controller to your
skate/snowboard and jump up and down trying to pull the various tricks
like some demented DDR clone...

Or...you could do a football game where you actually have to THROW the
controller to another player. Just think of it - all your friends could
play using just ONE controller! Let's see Sony or Microsoft do that, eh?
You could even have an opposing team, as the controller could sense when it
was thrown, caught, dropped, or was tackled. In fact, why use the
controller at all? You and your friends could simply play outside! With
a REAL football even!

And wait until you see what they're going to do for baseball! Throw the
analog contrller at the player, who then swings the other controller to
simulate hitting the ball! Genius! You CAN play baseball indoors again -
complete with the fun of destroying your living room! :)

  • Re: Id / John Carmack announces the PS3 version of RAGE will run at only 20-to-30fps, break
    ... essentially) the gameplay as well as the characters play the same way and ... I don't see getting immersed in a game because of all ... controller and a mouse/keyboard, I would like to challenge you a few ... against other consolers in multiplayer, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: FAO: Gunther
    ... Basically your adaptor will not allow you to play Little Big Planet ... if the PS2 is the _first_ controller then the character/ user is in there by default so shouldn't need to use that button ... Admittedly I've only played the demo to date, but the kids are playing it non-stop and are having great fun scouring each level for hidden extras. ... We're really looking forward to the full game -it better turn up soon or the roof will come off with excitement! ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: motion-controlled games
    ... Theremin control is very difficult to master. ... A theremin is fine for a musical instrument because the use of a musical instrument is arbitrary; you tell me how the musical instrument is played, and I learn to play it that way. ... A game controller is meant, especially in the wireless type of controller, to have some analogous behavior to an on-screen activity. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: PWG - Co-op Gaming
    ... little small and still not as good as the 360 controller. ... Remote play on Vita is very cool. ... PS4 was curious. ... If only one could just install the game and have it digitally signed so ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Reasons why the 360 will die thanks to the PS3.
    ... It has no motion sensetive controller, ... It requires a $50 subscription just to play a game online EVERY YEAR ... THe no1 played game on XBOX Live is STILL Halo2!! ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)