Re: Well, time to cancel deposit on 360 and wait...

Andrew Ryan Chang <archang@xxxxxx> wrote:

> <richardhutnik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Andrew, that the backwards compatibility that was talked of in the past
> >is likely to be hardly anything close to full compatibility.

> Yes, but where did you hear it from?

That's been around since E3, when Microsoft finally announced (in a small
voice) how they're going to provide backwards compatibility for the
Xbox360 when its HW architecture differs so much from the original Xbox's.

Microsoft said they were developing a software emulator for the 360 and
that they were going to initially focus on the "popular" titles. Although
their emulator may eventually be able to handle a vast majority of Xbox
games, I think by that time XBox backwards compatibility won't matter any
more.
.