Re: Is my Xbox dieing?

In news:xsmdnfien_oEX37fRVn-hQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Joel Britt <joelbritt@xxxxxxxxxx> pop a head above the parapet and announced
forth:
|| I use my Xbox mainly as a DVD player. I occasionally play games, but it
is
|| used for DVD several hours per day.
|| I have begun to notice quite a bit of pixilation lately, and freezing.
|| Sometimes, the box wont even read the disc. I am just wondering if this
is
|| the beginning of the end of my Xbox.
|| What can/should I do?

Clean the DVD lens?

  • Re: Sony PS3 as MCE extender?
    ... The 1080p support is excellent news as is the improved 50Hz support. ... DVD, HD DVD, and streaming (which presumably also includes TV from a Media ... With today's xBox 360 update, ... However with the Sony PS3 now very close to release it occurs to me it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Xbox as a DVD player - playback speed is inconsistent?
    ... When I watch a DVD on my Xbox, ... >> speeds up and slows down the video playback. ... >> I'm thinking of ditching the Xbox as a dvd player and buying a dedicated ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Bug-Ridden Xbox 360 Cant even Play DVDs Correctly
    ... Xbox hardware such as RRoD, overheating, no HDD standard, previous ... 360 is SERIOUSLY FLAWED for DVD playback? ... Xbox 360 is STILL a crummy DVD player. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Xbox as a DVD player - playback speed is inconsistent?
    ... Xbox speeds up and slows down the video playback. ... I'm thinking of ditching the Xbox as a dvd player and buying a ... Do I have to buy a *brand name* expensive DVD player to get smooth ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: fansubs on a off the shelf dvd player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ... >>went home and burned a sample dvd with 8 different fansubs. ... it was pricier than the Philips or Toshiba ... The Xbox is 720p only, ... the LG is the best player I've ever used. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)