Opinions - Asus Eee B202 for a MAME table
- From: jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (jim)
- Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 13:22:11 +0000
I'm looking at an Asus Eee B202 machine (Atom/1GB/160GB) as a machine
for MAME table stuff.
None of the games I'd be playing would be modern - R-Type would be the
most modern, so I'm hoping the GMA950 graphics won't be an issue here.
It superficially appears to be a nice, small form factor machine.
Just wondering what other people might think. My only concern is that it
ships with XP Home, and I'm not sure if that's going to be ideal. I'm
sure MAME doesn't have any issues with it, but the lack of Remote
Desktop would be a (very minor) hindrance. XP Home can do file sharing,
Thanks for any input.
"My idea of a fair fight: I'm in a main battle tank. My opponent
is 3 miles away, on a hill top, armed with a pistol."
- Dave the Australian.
- Prev by Date: FA: 3 " Happ Control Trackball for GOLDEN TEE / MAME
- Next by Date: Re: Opinions - Asus Eee B202 for a MAME table
- Previous by thread: FA: 3 " Happ Control Trackball for GOLDEN TEE / MAME
- Next by thread: Re: Opinions - Asus Eee B202 for a MAME table