Re: MAME runs like crap, desperate for help.
- From: Andreas Kohlbach <ank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:32:03 -0400
pac wrote on 11. May 2008:
No. I just did it, and disabled some of the other programs (antivirus
and others) that were going on and now UMK3 is pegged at 100% and
golden tee plays great. You would think that this would have been one
of the first things I would have done. Thanks so much for your fresh
In my opinion those virus scanner which always scan make no sense,
besides eating up CPU cycles anyway.
As even if you manually scan files very new viruses are not reliable
According to <http://www.virustotal.com/> and my tests 35%-47% of scan
engines there find fairly new viruses, the rest fail (performing better
when the virus is a day old or two).
Old school arcade classics at <http://www.ankman.de/mame/>
Tired of Windows malware but fear to try out Linux? Try a CD-live Linux which
does not touch your harddisk. Like <http://www.ubuntu.com/> or
<http://www.knoppix.com/>. Find out if Linux works for you without any risk.
- Prev by Date: Re: Esh's aurunmilla
- Next by Date: fastmame using custom ctrlr files?
- Previous by thread: Re: MAME runs like crap, desperate for help.
- Next by thread: Re: MAME runs like crap, desperate for help.