Re: I need help with mame

"Brandenburg2004@xxxxxxxxx" <Brandenburg2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:1194662242.586470.190880@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hello,
I downloaded mame and a few roms. Problem is I put the roms in the rom
file and it says it is there but when I try to run mame by audit the
games it never puts it in there. Any help would be appreciated.
Rob

1. Did you leave the roms zipped? (They must stay zipped)
2. Do you have any needed bios files?
3. Are the roms the right one for your version of Mame? (Roms sometimes
change)

It would help if you posted which Mame you're using (Mame32, command line,
etc.), the version, and what roms you are trying to play.

  • Re: Interesting MAME article
    ... DVDs cost £40 I'll eat my hat. ... group on whether or not to stop the 'for cost' charge. ... ROMs (which work with MAME, I know there are no MAME ROMs :-)). ...
    (alt.games.mame)
  • Re: FS: Dreamcast collection
    ... >And are you saying that there exist Dreamcast Disks with an emulator + ROMs ... >that allow you to play all Colecovision games, and, and MAME and many arcade ... Will they play on any Dreamcast, or do they need to be modded? ... I know of one for MAME, SMS, NES, ...
    (rec.games.video.classic)
  • Re: old MAME not recognizing ROMs
    ... the MAME executable program and ROMs (and all ... I know these ROMs ... recognize the games I have loaded. ... Need to do another audit. ...
    (alt.games.mame)
  • Re: Long time no MAME - and apparently Im way out of touch. Help?
    ... Wanted to get back into MAME - thinking of using my netbook as the ... But I downloaded version 0.136 and none of the ROMs I found apparently ... Some games need two roms to work. ... You need a torrent client. ...
    (alt.games.mame)
  • Re: mame32 games dont start
    ... Does he ever see the MAME32 ... Copyright 1997-2005 by Nicola Salmoria and the MAME Team ... Such ROMs, like any other commercial software, are ... Distribution of MAME together with ...
    (alt.games.mame)