Re: You know you suck at arcade games

Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:only_broken_newsreaders_show_this_in_the_body.87ps44rhx7.fsf@usenet.
ankman.de:

(Random thought just came to my mind.)

You know you suck at arcade games when...

I placed the coin in the slot, and pressed One Player. I chewed my gum a
few more times before neatly wraping it up again in it's original wraping,
and placing in my jeans coin-pocket. Then I spread my legs exactly 30cm
apart, with knees bent ever so slightly. Sniffed the arcade air and smelt
the 'stained carpet mixed with lollies and flat coke' odour. The arcade
machine was barely audible over Duran Duran streaming from a video jukebox.
Moved the Joystick quick-left and, as I prepared to press the fire button,
the machine said GAME OVER.

lob

  • Re: Auction in MA
    ... going to this particular arcade was a real treat... ... I haven't been to Nantasket in a few years, ... SALE AT PUBLIC AUCTION ... Offering coin-op arcade games including Cruisin World; Wave Runner; ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Buying: Lease to own 6 arcade games Orlando FL
    ... link from the Florida Arcade Collectors webpage. ... have restaurant location that would like up to 6 arcade games put in ... Neo Geo (bubble bobble, scrolling shooter, fighting game etc) ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace)
  • Re: Can a Pinball arcade succeed?
    ... Classic arcade games - if they do $1 a week you'll be ... Newer Stern pins, at $3K to $4K a pop, expect about $25 a week from each ... There is a Safeway grocery store, an ice cream store, a nail place, a ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • OnlineArcadeAuction.com - The Marketplace For Arcade, Pinball, And Vending Machines!
    ... My name is Ken and I an admitted arcade game collector. ... TNG pinball, a cocktail Ms. Pacman, and Vendo 110 Coke Machine. ... systems, computers, arcade games and pinball machines was an exciting time. ... Today, we have lost much of the arcade vibe of yesteryear, when arcade games ...