Re: Slowing Games Down To 50 Hz ?

"Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:45abe711$0$27911$5a62ac22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Incubus wrote:

When I use mame, games are faster than the arcade machines.
Just trying to match them up.

I understand that, but you're completely on the wrong track and it's
not
going to help you get a solution.

Actually, I'm not that sure myself that MAME (or perhaps more
accurately,
Windows) is very accurate. I've never run it side-by-side with an
arcade
game but I have run it side-by-side with a few FPGA implementations
(which
should be pretty accurately clocked) and it does differ quite a bit
more
than I'd expect.

So perhaps you're never going to get it quite right?!?

Anyone else done some more accurate comparisons?

Regards,

--
| Mark McDougall | "Electrical Engineers do
it
| <http://members.iinet.net.au/~msmcdoug> | with less resistance!"

That's why I brought up the fact that I use Retrocade.

It allows me to change the frequency either faster or slower, in 1 Hz
increments, which includes going way above 60 Hz and way below 50 Hz.
This allows me to get it extremely close, if not spot on. I just wish
that Mame had this same function.

Maybe in a future version.

.