Re: Marvel Super Heroes won't save High Score
- From: Andreas Kohlbach <ankman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:08:24 -0400
Roman Scherzer wrote on 06. September 2006:
Is there anything special to make MSH save the high score? I can save
it on all my other games, just not this one. Using mame32k.
Hiscore saving support via 'hiscore.dat' (a 3rd party file which list
which set uses which memory address for the scores) file has been
removed in current MAME builds. Its usage caused problems and it never
was an accurate way of keeping data.
Two correct ways are supported though:
The score is kept if a game saves its scores in nvram.
If it's not using nvram to keep scores you can use the (auto)savestate
options to keep the scores.
I guess that's how BeMAME (MAME for BeOS) did this since at least
0.80. May be since always.
Old school arcade classics at <http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/>
Those who send me spam agree that I go to their web pages and also harvest
addresses. And that I will post them to the usenet to make them unusable. And
that I may flood their web forms with junk. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Prev by Date: Re: any good site for latest full set of mame roms?
- Next by Date: Re: trying to run xmame on Fedora 5, loads but doesn't play
- Previous by thread: Re: Marvel Super Heroes won't save High Score
- Next by thread: trying to run xmame on Fedora 5, loads but doesn't play