Re: Sidewinder

sanman wrote:
> I'm trying to use a older sidewider steering wheel with MAME .97. I
> need help in getting it set up in MAME. Will it even work? How do I
> get it to work. It is a USB force feedback wheel. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Sanman

Installe the wheel and calibrate it through the Windows Game Controllers
Control Panel. Maybe you have to download some software for it at the
Microsoft website.

Then enable joystick control in MAME. In MAME32 this is done from the
options menu, default game options, enable joystick.
In command line MAME you open MAME(executablename).ini with a text
editor, find the line that says joystick and replace the 0 with a 1.

Then start up the game you want to play with your wheel and go remap the
controls. This might not be nescessary if you don't have other
controllers attached. You can remap the controls from the on screen menu
(press the TAB key) while the game is running. Do not pause MAME while
remapping the controls. If the menu doesn't come up when you press TAB,
go to the cfg folder and delete default.cfg and try again.

I believe that covers everything. Oh, by the way most if not all of what
I said is also explained in the FAQ at www.mame.net

Please consult the FAQ before you ask more questions.

-Sune

--
Nuke a gay vegan whale for christ!
My band: www.secondnature.dk