- From: bbq <bbq936@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:40:58 -0600
On 1/11/2012 4:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Inside is OK, but you have to lift the lid and lose heat to see if it
is cooking right. If you have to make adjustments, you won't know
until you lift the lid again and throw the heat off again. Crazy. In
breezy and cool weather, that lid opening costs time and wastes fuel.
I neglected to mention the disadvantages of the oven type. The opening and closing of the cover. In upper midwest winters, opening the cover is a very bad thing. Summer not so bad, if not doing it often.
I still use the oven type on the grate opposite of the dial I have outside. I do this partially because I have them and also at the end of the cook, I can see if it was hotter or cooler at the opposite side. I don't recall the differences being much more then 10-15°
An old Indian term for poor hunter...
- Prev by Date: Re: thermometers
- Next by Date: Re: thermometers
- Previous by thread: Re: thermometers
- Next by thread: Re: thermometers