Re: Eye of Round Roast
- From: Mort <mort@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:45:53 -0700
Nunya Bidnits wrote:
My Q partner and I picked up a couple whole eye of rounds, choice angus, in
The first one was cooked last week. I cooked it at 340F. I was disappointed
that the meat was not very tender. It's a very lean cut, but then so is beef
Should this cut be done at low temp? Being round, I'm guessing that is the
problem with the first one... cooked too hot.
Or maybe I should just grind it up. ;-)
I love eye of round but it's tough stuff and easy to mess up.
Here what ya do.
Oven temp isn't as important as final internal temp. Don't
go over about 125 F.
Use one of these. It must be sliced super thin!
- Prev by Date: Re: Raytown MO Barbecue Competition
- Next by Date: Re: Eye of Round Roast
- Previous by thread: Great American Barbecue Contest 2010 Photos
- Next by thread: Re: Eye of Round Roast