Re: Apprx cooking time for pork butt

On 14-Jul-2010, Omelet <ompomelet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article
<4bd5a2c6-f928-40a9-abf1-274e8aed93f8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dana <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some people I know cook at a higher temp and/or a shorter time.
They don't always get tender ribs.

I got perfect tender pork ribs at 2 hours at 325. I'd planned for 3
hours but changed my mind when I went to flip them at 2. I could tell
by the feel of the tongs sinking in that they were done to a turn. I
let them rest for 30 minutes before cutting them.

While not cooked to mush, the bones were easily cleaned with no real
tooth work. <g>
--
Peace! Om

They're done enough for me if I can get all the meat off the bones
without tools. I can't say as I have made any two hour ribs, but I've made
a bunch of four hour ribs that were quite acceptable. I have no qualms
about putting ribs on at 8am for feeding at 2pm. My problem is getting
them on by 8am.

--
Brick said that

  • Re: Apprx cooking time for pork butt
    ... I got perfect tender pork ribs at 2 hours at 325. ... the bones were easily cleaned with no real ... Peace! ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Apprx cooking time for pork butt
    ... Dana wrote: ... They don't always get tender ribs. ... I got perfect tender pork ribs at 2 hours at 325. ... the bones were easily cleaned with no real ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: What kind of ribs do you like best?
    ... whole racks of babybacks ... big long St Louis ribs ... Country spareribs without bone ... The kids, though, watched each other greedily, matching rib for rib until there was nothing left but a plateful of gnawed bones. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Walmart beef ribs..vac-packed
    ... I'm gonna smoke and grill some tasty beef ribs. ... can buy beef soup bones for 1.30 or so at Price Chopper. ... smoke roasting soup bones before making stock turns out one ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: McRib Quest
    ... ribs, ... bones pull out cleanly. ... Do you have any documentation of this phantom real-rib McRib? ... McDonald's first Executive Chef Rene Arend, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)