Basic rehab job: lava rock & H-burner uneven flame.
- From: Meatman <KevinLee33@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 00:26:46 -0700 (PDT)
This a rehab job: SunBeam GrillMaster with side burner. 10 yrs old?
Everything works pretty darn well. Hoses and fittings don't leak.
Side burner works. I replaced old rusty, undersized universal cheap-
azz narrow bar-burner with the equivalent (but BETTER!) universal H-
burner...it is for 2-knob grills.
1) I'm quite particular when doing my tinkering/engineering
projects. And, honestly I AM handy like that. One half of new burner
has much more agressive flame...or you could say it's getting more
LP...or the other one is getting less. Both knobs in same position
don't produce 2 halves of burner with same flame height. And actually
this is a half-ass manifold ass'y. It has a full range of motion, but
I can feel the 'click-points', and I know that it's actually a High-
Medium-Low grill. NOT 100% variable. Venturis came on the burner
ass'y. So leaves the manifold and it's orifices, right? So how do I
approximately adjust my flames to be somewhat equal?
2) Can landscape lavarock be used effectively with or in place of
commercial briquette lava rock? Thanks, doods!
- Prev by Date: Re: Charcoal Chimney
- Next by Date: Re: 4th Meal
- Previous by thread: cabelas
- Next by thread: Re: Basic rehab job: lava rock & H-burner uneven flame.