On horizontal pits
- From: Omelet <ompomelet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 06:12:06 -0500
At the moment, I have bricks in the main pit and just use the offset
firebox to cook. There is a pretty bad grease buildup now in the main
pit so I plan to clean it well before using it next time. I'll probably
just toss the bricks out in the yard and let the elements take care of
the cleaning of them. <g>
Would it be beneficial to replace those bricks with lava rocks for heat
retention in the pit? The addition of the bricks really did help with
maintaining stable temps...
I guess I should learn to use drip trays too to save myself on cleaning
chores... I've heard horror stories about grease fires in these types
of BBQ's. Will steel cookie pans work? What do y'all use as drip trays
to take the heat without becoming carbon over time?
Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
- Prev by Date: Re: Thrilled to join!
- Next by Date: Re: On horizontal pits
- Previous by thread: Thrilled to join!
- Next by thread: Re: On horizontal pits