Re: OT: Snow

On 15-Feb-2010, "Nonny" <somebody@xxxxxxx> wrote:

"Brick" <hrbricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:_4Ydn.94741$1m3.55171@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do believe '78 was the year. I was in Wash D.C. at the time.
Couldn't
get out of the house until a neighbor dug out my front door.
> --
Brick said that.

That's where you're a better man than me, Brick. During blizzards
in IN and NC, the neighbors would shovel snow AGAINST our doors to
keep in inside.

--
Nonny

Some say that truth is stranger then fiction. Truth is that the guy who
dug us out just wanted to borrow some eggs for his breakfast.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

  • Re: OT: Snow
    ... get out of the house until a neighbor dug out my front door. ... That's where you're a better man than me, Brick. ... During blizzards in IN and NC, the neighbors would shovel snow AGAINST our doors to keep in inside. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Hustings question
    ... blowing open and letting the rubbish blow in. ... Easy brick behind the door as it uses a @live.co.uk address. ... Hang on, Isn't this how we got here in the first place? ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Painting a steel exterior door
    ... I do not plan to remove the door to do this. ... Grin, as I plan to color match the front brick paint to the door, do ... you know if there is a best pick for an exterior paint that will let ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Hustings question
    ... Judith wrote ... blowing open and letting the rubbish blow in. ... Easy brick behind the door as it uses a @live.co.uk address. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: How to finish exterior wall under new window (current brick unavailable)
    ... This has left the bottom half of where the door ... We have just found out the brick we need (to match the existing ... thicker and higher than our existing exterior. ... The area needing repair is the wall onto which our wood deck is ...
    (alt.home.repair)