Re: Challenge

Omelet said:
In article <hi5cg4$bn0$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidnits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't slice the spuds. Wrap them in foil and place them on a rock on
the edge of the campfire. Coal roast them whole. ;-d

But what about the butter flavor, and s&p, and what about adding
onions and peppers? I grant you can easily bake a potato next to a
campfire but it's little different from being baked in an oven.

MartyB

I add butter, salt and pepper AFTER they are cooked.
And I don't like onions and peppers in my baked spuds.

I'm a purist. ;-d

Simpler is gooder, but that' a personal opinion! ;-)

And that would be the difference, what I was describing is definitely not a
recipe for baked spuds. If I wanted bakers I'd do exactly as you suggested
with an open fire.

It's a combination of frying and steaming, which I just avoid quantifying by
just calling them camp potatoes.

MartyB in KC

.

Quantcast