Re: Poll on Barbecued Baby Back Ribs

On Sep 8, 2:30 pm, "Dave Bugg" <davebu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RockPyle wrote:
When cooking the ribs and other stuff, do you pull the other stuff off
earlier?  Some of them seemed more dry than the ribs.  Or do you just
cook them all the same and deal witht he range of moistness?

What do you mean by 'other stuff'? Are you talking about other meat?

--
Dave
What is best in life?    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before

Yes, the top part of the sparerib after cutting off the main section
of ribs (to make them St. Louis Style). The main slab cooked
beautifully in about 5.5 hours to where the meat was very pliable and
the bones separated quite easily. The rib tip section was a little
more dry after the same amount of cooking. Do you pull the rib tips
off earlier, put them on later, or just deal with it?

This site has pretty good pictures (and they look reasonably like what
my butchering looked like!)

http://getyourgrillon.net/2007/02/01/st-louis-spare-rib-prep/

Thanks,

Rob

  • Re: Dinner: Braised Short Ribs
    ... The meat also exudes a fair ... amount of moisture (short ribs shrink a lot). ... They shouldn't dry out with your tight lid. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: OT: My Wife tried to Kill me Last Night.
    ... Ascuaga's National Rib Cook-off in Sparks, ... There are two ways to smoke ribs: wet and dry. ... Dry usually refers to meat that has been treated with a rub. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Poll on Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
    ... Some of them seemed more dry than the ribs. ... cook them all the same and deal witht he range of moistness? ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)