Kosher salt for bbq meat questions
- From: Robertsomebody <robertsomebody@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
Well..... I did some reading but never found a clear answer to my
kosher salt questions while grilling meat. Hope you can help.
1. I understand you put kosher salt on your steak for an hour and wash
it off just before grilling? Should it be left on at any time?
2. I plan on using a Santa Maria type seasoning for flavor. Should
the kosher salt still be used? Is it washed off prior to grilling?
3. What about a tri tip that is to sit in marinade for a day? Do I
add the kosher salt before and wash it off?
4. Anyother tricks of the trade for grilling and using kosher salt?
I am very concerned that the meat will become too salty and unedible
but am excited if it works as good as some say. Anyway..... thanks a
- Prev by Date: Re: Don't ask the book
- Next by Date: Re: Don't ask the book
- Previous by thread: Don't ask the book
- Next by thread: Re: Kosher salt for bbq meat questions