Re: Independance Day Menu

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:51:18 -0700 (PDT), Dana K6JQ
<dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 4, 8:40 am, "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:

Napa, eh? Will there be wine? A good sturdy cab or zin always goes well with
barbecue IMO.

There was wine, though I didn't bring any myself. My first choices
for wine
with BBQ tends to be Zinfandel, Syrah, good Sangiovese or Barbera,
though
Pinot Noir can really work well.

Am I correct in thinking these are all red wines? I ask because Denny
prefers sweeter, lighter wines to the dryer reds. I'd be grateful for
any suggestions for wine that he might enjoy with barbecue, just in
case. ;-)

Happy 4th!
Dana

Desideria

  • Re: Independance Day Menu
    ... barbecue IMO. ... for wine with BBQ tends to be Zinfandel, Syrah, good Sangiovese or Barbera, ... a good dry Rose is amazingly flexible. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Ice
    ... freezer, sherry from a bottle kept in the fridge, blended scotch on ... brandy at room temperature and quite cold beer are two others. ... wine, and the fact that some of the traditional rules were written ... and I suspect that most red wines are at least as ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: O/T - Canadian "newfie" humour ...%)
    ... I'm a fan of both southern hemisphere Shiraz and Syrah and of oak-aged ... Indian food. ... Golden Glow is infamous but, for stuff that it is legal to retail, I think ... nothing beats the gag-ability of Hawaiian pineapple wine such as our family ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: First Crush: Cab Sauv and I am SO building/buying a destemmer next year
    ... Regarding MLF - IMHO; I always MLF red wines 'just in case'. ... spritzing wine when I open a bottle a couple years from now. ... I usually focus on pH at ...
    (rec.crafts.winemaking)
  • Re: Remember the Housing "Bubble"?
    ... daveon@xxxxxxxxx wrote: ... vineyards produce stuff for the home market. ... a much warmer climate for the grapes for red wines. ... I've made some excellent Billbery wine in the past, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)