Re: BBQ ARMS
- From: "Nonny" <somebody@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:26:47 -0700
"Vesper" <tjf126@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uadt45p5fdd84mkmu9u05s2on599mdstta@xxxxxxxxxx
I have worked with charcoal and want to try wood to see if the taste
is any better. I am still researching the woods available but I know
there are chips to be had and I could use them if no one has firewood
that would serve the purpose.
Consider using what's called preburn. It can be done in a cylinder like a charcoal cylinder, but you can also stack hardwood logs and light them in just a firepit. Keep the fire going and add the glowing, almost smokless, embers beneath your meat. It'll impart a very good flavor and the smoke won't be overpowering. It's also easier to maintain a more constant hood temp. this way.
.. . . on a darned diet
and ready to chew off
my own elbows.
- Prev by Date: Re: Independance Day Menu
- Next by Date: Re: BBQ ARMS
- Previous by thread: Re: BBQ ARMS
- Next by thread: Re: BBQ ARMS