Round 2: Here I go Again
- From: Janet Wilder <kelliepoodle@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:44:01 -0500
HEB had pork butts for $1 a pound so I bought a 7.5 pound one.
According to the directions on the AFB FAQ, I'd need 11.25 hours for a 7.5 butt, which is way, way too much food for 2 people, so I'm halving it and freezing half. Half should take about 5 hours.
I am going to rub it with my own rub (very similar to some of the ones on the AFB FAQ site) and stick it in the fridge overnight. I might decrease the sugar content of my rub so it doesn't get the meat too dark. I'll put it on the Brinkmann Gourmet tomorrow.
This time I will be using the remote thermometer, probably with a chunk of wood or cork on the end to tell me how hot it is at the grate, then, around the last 90 minutes, stick it into the meat.
Royal oak lump charcoal, hickory chunks wrapped in foil.
Wish me luck!
spelling doesn't count
but cooking does
- Prev by Date: Re: Needs Open House Invitation
- Next by Date: Re: Round 2: Here I go Again
- Previous by thread: Needs Open House Invitation
- Next by thread: Re: Round 2: Here I go Again