Re: Hawaiian Que

Zz Yzx wrote:
He says we're going to do a "real" luau, not one of "those tourist ones". Now, what's the diff? Hell, I don't know but I'm really looking forward to it!

The "real" (pre-european) Hawaiian fair is raw fish, taro root, and
other vegetables. The Europeans brought pigs, cows, Norfolk pines, a
musical instrument that was adapted to become the ukelele (the
Porteguese, I think), disease and othe rpestilence, &tc.

-zZ

ok, if that's it, then I'm freekin' OUT. Ain't NFW I'm eating raw fish. Sorry but it's just not happening. I know the two other people going won't either. <BLECH>

I want PIG! :D

  • Eating Pigs and Cows was Re: Eating at Mexican restaurants
    ... I guess most of the restrictions of classes of food were based on the ... Deceased anthropologist Marvin Harris instead proposed that the regulation ... Pigs are not biologically ... In Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches: The Riddles of Culture, Harris begins ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: North Dakota -banning abortions 6weeks into pregnancy
    ... Pigs? ... While it is not incorrect in a linguistic sense to refer to the issue of animals ... a sheep, or a pig, is engaged in "cannibalism." ... Actually you said "How many cows have you eaten lately? ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Origin of kosher rules, and scientific hypotheses (was: Man
    ... from salmonella than you do from trichinosis. ... sick very quickly and you can learn *not* to do whatever you did ... pigs, unlike cows, compete for the same resources as humans do whereas ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Arj arj arj!
    ... I like to see pigs in fields. ... I only notice a smell when the farmer is muckspreading (the first ... Even when three cows ... the noise. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Need some advice for your personal problem?
    ... I've know a number of cows and pigs before they made their debut on the ... that has passed through the digestive tract of a Common Palm Civet: ... The same goes for, ick, hamsters. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)