Re: untrimmed brisket - choice or select?
- From: "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidnits@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:10:07 -0500
Walt Fles <wefles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can either get from import-from-chinas-great-wal-mart select
packers cuts of brisket for 1.67/#,
As much as I hate Walmart, their briskets don't come from China.
They come from the same packing plants that 95% of the rest of
America gets their beef.
or choice from the usa at a local butcher
for 2.99. Any reasons to go for either, one over the other?
Buy the Walmart brisket for $1.70. One that hasn't expired
My Walmart had all their briskets marked down to $1.07/lb today
(they expired tomorrrow). I still resisted the temptation.
Unfortunately, Walmart's brisket doesn't have packing dates, so you
can't tell if it's old until it gets marked down 35%.
Ask them to bring you out a whole case for you to look at, it will have the
packing date on it.
- Prev by Date: Re: untrimmed brisket - choice or select?
- Next by Date: Re: Maybe a good deal on a WSM
- Previous by thread: Re: untrimmed brisket - choice or select?
- Next by thread: Re: untrimmed brisket - choice or select?