Re: Help with a Pork Butt

Denny Wheeler wrote:

What I'd say to Janet about temperature (and I've seen this advice
given by several knowledgeable afb folks) is--get to know your pit;
run it at the temp *it* wants to run at.

Great advice, Denny. That's one reason that I want to kidnap that smoker and play with it over here where I can watch how it operates. My neighbor is 1/4 mile away and a long walk to frequently check the temperature of the smoker <g>

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

  • Re: Todays Ribs Will be Slooowwwww
    ... Denny Wheeler wrote: ... My spares ain't gonna have any 'cooked too fast at too high a temp' ... gotta check) ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: alton brown smoker
    ... Denny Wheeler wrote: ... hot plate to make a smoker I was just wondering if anyone has tried ... cardboard box as a smoker. ... This was some time after the cardboard fish smoker. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)