Re: Meanwhile, back on the smoker

In article <eumozp912c9c$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, swertz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:09:33 -0800, Bill Riel wrote:

Of course, the sockeye is a thicker piece of fish, so that might explain
it a bit.

All the sockeye I've been seeing is thinner than the pink

Well, I'm talking wild pacific salmon here. We get atlantic, but it's
all farmed and I'm not terribly interested in that.

In any case, that was just the size of these particular filets...

Smoked steelhead still beats them all, IMO. I've had my best
results there.

And never try smoking tilapia <laugh>.

Heh, yeah that's one I don't see every day.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Meanwhile, back on the smoker
    ... One large Atlantic Salmon fillet, brined in salt and brown sugar ... pink filets and a nice piece of sockeye. ... regarded fish, and awfully expensive). ...
  • Re: Silk Screening Inserts - videos
    ... The screens were made with SencilPro. ... It's like EZScreen, but pink ... instead of blue/green and thinner. ...